Tuesday 2 June 2015

Hair Growth Tips -



I'll explain what I put in place to help you, too, to reject the inevitability and tell you that it is possible, despite the chemo, to keep her hair.



We must first have really trust in life and as such, it is crucial to say that we will do everything possible to make it work, and we realize that it works. I went through moments of doubt, very difficult times where my body was exhausted, and my mind was just send me back loop, opposite the mirror, tired body, an exhausted body and a damaged face, skin dried ... but I still continued to fight until the end.



I was washing my hair once or twice a week in cold water with an extremely mild shampoo and then I applied a balm on the tips to feed them. I let them dry in the open air, over brushing. I avoided wash the day of chemo. I brushed the most, with a time of tooth comb to time without shot. I was preparing an oil-based lotion sesame and four drops of ylang-ylang, and I massaged the scalp morning and evening leather.



I was doing every other day injections of Bepanthene and biotin to prevent hair loss and promote regrowth. I who hate injections, I have never been so glad to have this time. I was taking food supplements to prevent hair loss, VECTI-régyl, morning and evening, as I continue to take.



I was wearing my helmet several times a day



I must admit that the hardest part was wearing the cooling helmet on his head for months, and it almost every day. The days of chemo, I was wearing the blue helmet refrigerant from the clinic 20 minutes before, I had to change every 40 minutes. All to myself, I then need three to four headsets. We had called me in the service Smurfette, coming and going with my IV and my blue helmet.



I was well aware that wearing the helmet only to the clinic would not be enough to prevent hair loss, since the product was still heavily several days later.



Nathalie C. manufactured headphones with bags of frozen peas (Nathalie C.)



So I decided to build myself a helmet with bags of frozen peas and plastic bags. I was wearing my helmet every day, several times a day, it was quite heavy, very cold. Then I put my fleece and a scarf to warm up. That made me a big hat that I wore at night in bed, before falling asleep, and several times in the day.



That made my daughter laugh, my parents, my friends who nicknamed me "Princess Pea." So, sometimes, despite fatigue, some were saying "hey, would not that you put your helmet there, princess?". So I headed to the freezer and I put on my helmet on my head.



I have lost 25% of my hair!



You must be wondering how can you stand it for months?



I thought I had no choice if I wanted to keep my hair. I certainly cold, headache, and fatigue then, but I have lost 25% of my hair, no one can see, or suspect that I am undergoing chemotherapy.



And when the days of chemo, I come to the clinic and the nurses pose their eyes on my hair, that's me every time a big win to be able to keep them and to show them that it can work . I am living proof!
ALOPECIA. Find beautiful hair in less than 4 months? Researchers at Columbia University seem to have found the formula. Almost by accident. They discovered an anti-cancer treatment, ruxolitinib, marketed recently had enabled three patients with alopecia areata to regain their hair after only 5 months of treatment.

This discovery was published in the journal Nature Medicine Sunday, August 17.


A hair follicle (blue) attacked
by T cells, cells involved
in immune responses

Now the ruxolitinib is a treatment developed from an immuno-regulatory molecule. It has proved able to block the action of immune cells and thereby stop the attacks against the hair follicles. In five months the three patients had indeed found their hair.
Not intended for your baldness .

The evolution of the hair of one of the three patients presented in the gif below is quite impressive. It inevitably arouses hope among the many people who start losing their hair. Unfortunately, there is very little chance that the treatment is effective against the most common form of baldness. It is also characterized by a significant loss of hair on the top of the skull and the temporal lobes. But it is due to an excess of male hormones that is hereditary and not about the immune system. This excess hormone shortens the life cycle of hair follicles

0 comments :

Post a Comment