Tuesday 2 June 2015

You risk losing your hair


"Hello Mrs. C, we exchanged with Dr. B. about you, he has explained the need for chemotherapy treatment despite the fact that you have a small tumor less than a millimeter, but given the HER2 positive markers and type 3 cancer very aggressive, it is necessary to make a significant chimiothérapie.C'est ... "



I swallowed hard, my breathing quickens, I shake my head. Tears begin to flow gently over my face. However, he continues his discourse, looking at me with compassion.



"Today the problem with breast cancer is that it touches everything that is of the order of femininity, there are significant side effects, you must know. We'll give you treatment to withstand the effects of nausea, but it may also be that you have diarrhea, sometimes loss of appetite. It will be important to continue to eat well, with good rest, listen to your body, you must be fit for well afford treatment. But you also may lose your nails, eyelashes, and hair ... Today unfortunately, in breast cancer, the products used are losing hair, it's a real problem for women, but there was no alternative ... "



I did not want to do chemotherapy



I touch my hair ... my beautiful long hair and gold, I can not imagine myself without them. I slide my face in my hands, I never want to hear what he says. What pain, what injustice ... I have a bad heart. This is too much for me, I have heard too much, I can not. After two operations, breast and less, I'll be sick with the chemo and I will not have hair ...



I look into his eyes, he stops talking. Tears run down my face, I look for a handkerchief in my bag, I have none. I slide my fingers on my wet cheeks to clear the tears, he hands me a box of tissues on her desk.



He said nothing more, a silence settled in the room. I look at him, the words come out without any restraint in a whisper:



"NO! NO! NO! This is not possible, no, I will not do chemo"

0 comments :

Post a Comment